We are very excited to introduce our new cookbook, Feeding Sandy: From Heart to Table! The book contains 54 recipes and stories about the work of UWSLoves. The book was compiled by Mandy Bickerstaff and designed by Carlos Bido, and we are very proud of it.
The cookbook contains recipes like PB and Nutella Stuffed French Toast, my grandmother’s Peach Cobbler, Roasted Squash Pasta, and Cheese Biscuits.
By buying the book you will support the work of UWSLoves, which has accomplished all of the following in the 7 weeks after Sandy through the kindness of others.
- Hot food for 1500 delivered to Staten Island, Far Rockaway, LES, Coney Island, etc.
- Baked goods for 1500 delivered to Staten Island, Far Rockaway, LES, Coney Island, etc.
- Sandwiches for 2500-3000 delivered to Staten Island, Far Rockaway, LES, Coney Island, etc.
- $800 worth of high need pantry items donated to a Coney Island relief effort
- $957 donation to rebuild a church in Coney Island that has been integral in relief efforts on Mermaid Avenue
- 20 hot meal preparation kits for families in Coney Island: new hot plates, dish ware, cutlery, glasses, cooking utensils, and pots/pans.
- 24 NY Cares Winter Wishes for pre-teens impacted by Sandy
- 10 new hot plates, 15 crock pots, and 10 toasters for Wildwood, NJ
- 7 pallets of needed supplies from Pepsico delivered to South Amboy NJ
- 14 crockpots to families living in seasonal hotels in Absecon, NJ
We want to thank everyone that donated recipes, their time, and money/supply donations, you have all been included in the book (so that’s exciting).
We do want to ask for one more favor. Please help us get the word out to your friends/family. As the holidays approach, this would be a great gift, and for only $9.99 (you can donate more of course and it’s tax-deductible) it is extremely affordable. You can buy the book here or on the sidebar.
We continue to work towards providing the means for displaced and impacted families to cook again, all donations are appreciated.
Thank you all again!